Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bubble Bubble

I have a former chicken stock can full of linseed oil and beeswax in a kettle of water on the stove.  I used a couple of spoons to keep the I'm making the finish that goes on the outside of the hive.  I just need to let it cook for another five minutes or so before bringing it out to the barn.

Yesterday, Julie and I went to a fabric store, and picked up some heavy pillow ticking to glue along the inside seams of the roof for the hive.  I also did some final trimming of the board that closes the base of the hive in winter, as well as the top of the hive legs so that the roof would sit a few inches lower.  Everything that is exposed to the elements needs to have the linseed oil and beeswax finish applied.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home