Monday, November 21, 2005

One Rocket Blown to Smithereens

It was my favorite rocket, the last one I made, with the tight fins and the extra pair of stubby wings. The body of the rocket is a closed form, and I forgot to pierce it with my needletool to the inside cavity, to allow steam and gasses to escape.

It probably blew when we were candling. It was near the edge of a kiln shelf, so bits and fragments fell to the lower levels of the kiln. A salsa bowl caught one of the engine bells. One of the dragon vases has a few small chips out of the spine of the dragon, but nothing else was hurt.

We unloaded this morning, after Steph went off to school. I'm home sick today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

Hey, when are you going to post photos of the stuff you fired?

Fans want to know.

1:07 PM  
Blogger SquidgePa said...

Gadzooks.
I'll see what I can do this weekend.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home