Monday, October 09, 2006

Under the Weather

Last Tuesday, fifteen of us went to see the Late Show with David Letterman. I was able to get a block of twenty tickets, but, due to some last minute scheduling changes at work, I could only get commitments from fifteen, one of them being Julie. We took the train up to NY Penn Station, and then the subway up to the theater. I had a bit of a cough that day.

My brother Rob was in town on Wednesday, and we all had dinner with him in Cherry Hill. We went to a restuarant called Bahama Breeze, which has some pretty good seafood. My cough was a little worse.

By Thursday, things were bad enough that I had to stay home from work. There were a couple of meetings that I had scheduled with my co-workers that I missed, and there are is a paper that I am co-authoring with another engineer (well, more like ten pages of guidelines than a paper) that I am overdue with my contributions for. I have serious sinus congestion, and a wicked cough. Most troubling, the glands along the left side of my neck are so swollen that they are painful, as if something sharp was jabbed into my neck. Along with the bubbling rasp of my voicebox, it sounds and feels just like things did earlier in the year, when I got so sick and the bronchial cleft cyst formed. This is on the left side this time, not the right.

I spent most of the day sleeping. I had to get Stephanie off to school, since it was the second day of Julie's jury duty.

I was out on Friday as well. After dropping Steph off at school, I went to work to pick up my laptop, in order to do some work at home. I ended up in a meeting for an hour, and then came home. It was a rainy, miserable day, which I also spent mostly in bed. I never got around to using my laptop. At the end of the school day, I picked Stephanie up. The only bright point in the day was that the trial that Julie was on ended, the filed their verdict, and her jury duties are over.

Julie started coming down with something on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home