Sunday, November 19, 2006

Miranda Rights

I twisted my ankle when we were loading the car on Saturday morning. Steph was on her way to a friend's house to play and spend the night, and Julie and I were on the way to a local science fiction convention. I was carrying a box, with Steph behind me, when I partially stepped off of the walkway, and my ankle collapsed sideways.

It really hurt, like my ankle was on fire. I also ripped the knee of my jeans, and skinned one knee.

Julie ran Stephanie over to her friend's house while I cleaned up. We got in the car when she returned, and headed to the convention.

I gimped around for the day. For lunch, we gimped over to a chinese noodle house in Philadelphia's China town, and I had a beef satay dish with wide noodles. Julie had a fresh flounder dish. The best part of the convention was that one of the conference rooms was a steady stream of panels about online gaming, virtual reality, virtual businesses, and the uses of virtual spaces for psychology. There was a projection TV set up in the room, showing a theater in Second Life, and the panel was being broadcast live to the virtual world as well. A few times, we were able to see the panel from the point of view of the virtual world. The avatars in Second Life could comment, and get their questions answered by members of the panel.

Julie ended up leaving me in the room to do other things, since I lacked mobility, and she got to play with clay with another artist.

We ended up not selling anything in the art show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen McHugh said...

How's your ankle now?

(Sorry to hear you didn't sell anything.)

7:01 PM  
Blogger SquidgePa said...

I wear a brace, and don't need crutches anymore. I can wear a shoe over the brace.

We'll see how things go at Arisia, in January.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home