Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Blue Bayou

Steph likes to play on VMK.

That's Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom.

At the real Disneyland, and in VMK, there is a restaurant called the Blue Bayou. It is set near the Pirates of the Caribbean in New Orleans Square.

In VMK, they serve gumbo, mint juleps, and monte cristo sandwiches.

Steph has had gumbo before, but wanted to try the other two. Using the combined powers of Google and Wikipedia, she tracked down recipes for both (the julep being made with non-alcoholic creme de menthe syrup and limeade.

We bought a loaf of artisan bread, and sliced it thin. Buttered the outside of the bread, put slices of ham and turkey on either slice, a slice of swiss in the middle, pinned it together with toothpicks, dipped it in a milk and egg mixture, and pan fried it on both sides.

Steph was very pleased. She kissed me on the top of the head to thank me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari Hoffman said...

I just found out about VMK. I was just searching the VMK Blue Bayou and crossed this blog. That is such a cute story! I remember my first mint julep. I thought it was toothpaste water, haha. Now I love it!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home