Monday, May 22, 2006

Update

Last Monday, I travelled to Ft. Wayne for work.

On the way, I had a chance to visit my friend Maureen for a few hours in Cleveland, and we had lunch. We spoke of many things, and had a great time. My carry-on for the plane was a bag, with a raku rocket, and one of Julie's dragon vases.

The next few days were pretty uneventful, except that I was in Ft. Wayne.

I returned Wednesday night. Stephanie and Julie were very happy to see me.

Buffy-dog had had a really bad ear ache, and had to be taken to the vet while I was gone. She is on ear drops and doggie meds for the next few weeks, until her health improves.

On Sunday, I awoke with the inside of my mouth and uveula swollen. My breathing was blocked if I laid down on my back. When I talked, I sounded like someone 'talking under water'.
Julie had me call the doctor, and they sent me to the emergency room.

After a couple of hours of IVs, including Benadryl and steroids, as well as a neck X-ray and an ENT using a 'happy scope' up my nose, I got to return home. The swelling had dropped, due to the meds, but I had a cut on my uveula and a lesion on one of my tonsils. The doctor's are guessing that the swelling is a side effect of the blood pressure medicine that I have been taking for the last six years or so. I am on prednesone, benadryl, antibiotics, and a new blood pressure medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home